Thursday, August 13, 2009

I've created!


So My sister Hilary has told me I need to get a blog going. Since Teagan is taking a nap I figured I'd get one started. I really don't know how much I'll update but who knows. We will just have to take it as it comes.

Well we are here in Alaska and so far so good. I love that we own our house and we can do whatever we want to it. It just proves to be expensive. Our living room is done and painted and we even got around to hanging pictures and shelves on the wall the other day.

Teagans room is in the work. Patrick painted her room this past weekend, and I ordered the stencils that will be going on her wall as a border so hopefully they come soon. After that it just leaves getting her bedding set and some shelves put in her room and Teagans room will be mostly done minus a few things that I want to do, but will take a bit of time to do.

Mine and Patrick's room will have to be a work in progress, just a piece here and there.

The garage is our last unpacking/organising bit of the house that needs to be done and that should be done this coming weekend.

Lets see I saw my first moose this past weekend, it was a really neat thing to see. Hopefully I get to see more, but only when I'm in the car or a safe distance away.

I took Teagan swimming the other day and she really enjoyed it she was just splashing away and then I put her in a baby floaty and she just sat back and relaxed.

Then yesterday I took her and my friends girls to the farmers market. It wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be, but we did get some fresh squash, zucchini and I bought some snap peas for Patrick. I even tried reindeer and elk hotdog, it wasn't that bad and actually tasted pretty good.

Teagan is still teething, she had one tooth break through now for the other 1 on the bottom and the top two. She is still rolling everywhere, and every now and again will do her version of the crawl but she much rather prefer to roll everywhere. She is doing pretty good on her sitting, but would rather lean up against something or someone.

She is such a cutie, but such a stubborn girl and I've learned that she will do things when she is ready and doesn't like to be forced or made do anything (Oh I can see the trouble we will have when she is a teenager), but she is so adorable especially when she blows a raspberry or makes a kissing noise or just starts giggling. Her giggle is one of the sweetest sounds in the world. We don't get to hear it as often as I would like because teething is quite a bit painful and she does tend to be a bit aunry.

Well I think that is it for now.

3 comments:

  1. Did you say Elk Dogs???? Huh, interesting. I guess your not in "Kansas" anymore Dorothy...neither Italy for that matter. Neat post - fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging!! Ok so if you go to google search and type in cutest blog on the blog they have all kinds of cute backgrounds you can choose from and they are free. You should post pictures of your house and the rooms I would love to see that. I am glad that we can see pictures of you guys. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are doing a blog. It was fun to read. Grandpa said he enjoyed it also. You three are really fast at getting things done. Just spent the week breaking out old tile so we can install the new tile. You are brave to try an elk hot dog. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete