Monday, August 17, 2009

Frustration

Awww another Monday. We had a pretty good weekend. Patrick got to go shoot his handgun and loved it. We went and saw Harry Potter Friday night. It was good I guess I was just expecting more from it. And then Saturday night I got Mexican food and oh was it yummy. We started preparing for our winter and ordered all of us some winter stuff. I found me a pair of winter boots that go up to -135 oh yes I do need those because my feet are always cold. We got Teagan a cute little snow suit. Then just some layering thermals.
Altough we had a good weekend, there were some frustrating parts to it.
Trying to order Teagans bedding online and they won't ship it up here, so we just decided to send it to Mom's and then get it that way.
My other frustration is, that I just spent the past 3 years not really hearing from my family. I know the international calling is ridiculous I'm not mad about that because I probably wouldn't have called either. But my frustration is that we are now back in the United States we have cell phones so all it is now is a long distance call. And I know everyone has cell phones which with your plan you should have free nights and weekends so by the time that starts we are 2 hours behind so it's not going to be late for us.
I've been doing and experiment I emailed out our numbers and I've been seeing how long it would take for anyone in the family to call. Let's see I'm still waiting....... I stopped calling because I'm tired of being the one that has to call all the time. I understand that we live far away I'm not going to apologize for that because we are going to have our adventures while someone else is paying for them. But just because we live far away doesn't mean we can't be included and made feel like we are a part of this family.
Well that's my beef, and now that I've said something I really don't want the phone calls because I actually had to say something.
It just sucks and that's how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. ok grandpa, thanks for the guilt trip. It might be that life is crazy and stuff. Or that I hate talking on the phone or that there is nothing really going on. Probably nothing really going on. And most of the time when I am talking on the phone I can't hear what the other person is saying because I have three screaming children in the background. I will work harder on calling. You are just so good at it. :) You could call me right now. I have a little baby that is crying every 5-10 minutes. Love you. Don't be mad, life is too short.

    ReplyDelete